Sunday 6 October 2013

How I became an addict - part 1

Hi. My name is Mohammed, and I'm a book addict.

     I can clearly track the beginning of my habit back to four years ago. But come to think of it, I guess it was always there, just waiting for someone or something to enable it; empower it; amplify it.

     Over the past four years I've used, uh.. read, 112 books. Some of the people close to me tried to plan interventions for me over the years but they never worked. However, I did come to discover and realize many things about myself.

     Books became a full blown addiction for me four years ago. And I haven't stopped needing them ever since. I never got on the wagon to fall off. I'm not going to start now.

     Everyday I will share with you some of my thoughts on being a book addict in a world that cannot accept people with special needs.

     My name is Mohammed, and I'm a book addict. And I'm loving it!

To follow these musings you can either follow this blog via e-mail  or you can follow #DMBookaddict on twitter. You can also follow me on twitter @mrefaat85

 

No comments:

Post a Comment